Reasons Why You Should Work in the Insurance Industry
If you’re looking for a career change, you’ll enjoy the job security insurance offers! Insurance is an essential part of EVERY business and is one of the most stable businesses in the country. People will continue to need medical care, drive vehicles, own homes, and run businesses!
Choosing a career as an insurance agent offers an abundance of opportunities and benefits:
- Learn a variety of skills like communication and problem-solving
- Insurance is stable and mostly recession-proof
- Opportunities for career advancement
- High average earnings
- Virtually unlimited earning potential
- You can make a difference helping people
- It’s easy to start!
Acrisure has been named the fastest-growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. With 100 locations across the United States, we continue to grow every month, and with that growth comes a new position with our Las Vegas firm. We are looking for a positive, team-oriented person to join our team!
Job Title: Producer – Commercial Lines
Department: Commercial Lines
Reports To: David H. Lee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve objectives established in the annual producer sales plan.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identify target groups.
- Contact prospective clients to provide a quote and create sales appointments.
- Survey prospective clients to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products, and records
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information, including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal insurance proposals, including details of coverages, limits, deductibles, and other pertinent information.
- Work with a service person or marketer to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments, communicate proposals and renewals, explain details, and express a desire to conduct business.
- Introduce the service person to clients, request that service calls be directed to them, and forward all service-related calls to the assigned service person.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with the service person to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess an active Property & Casualty license.
- A minimum of one year of experience in commercial insurance is required.
- The ability to learn additional software and systems.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Explorer, and web-based applications.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and efficient, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively work with others.
- Must be able to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Must have a high level of customer service and problem-solving skills
An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There will be moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges, and having high finger dexterity is necessary to type documents and forms. You may occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office space with cubicle workstations with moderately high sides. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There may be some travel associated with this position.
Are you a good fit? Let’s Chat!
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.